Here are some of my most popularÂ tipsÂ for adult and teen acne prevention: Check with your physician before taking suggested products, supplements, or if you have any diet or health concerns.
Note: ProductsÂ highlighted inÂ green text can be found at the drug store. Products highlighted in blue can be found atÂ the lowestÂ discounted prices at www.hollywoodbeautysecrets.comÂ
1. Cleanse skin with budget-friendly soap-free cleanser such as, Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash by Johnson & Johnson. Itâ€™sÂ hypoallergenic andÂ only $6.50 at the drug store. Or try if you prefer a paraben-free, natural cleanser,Â try non-foamingÂ Glycolic Cleanser with Marine Plant extract.
2. After cleansing apply an alcohol-free toner that helps balance the pH of skin such as Papaya Enzyme & Soy Refreshing Skin Toner. Find itÂ at select health food stores and atÂ my shop on sale for just 9.95.
3. Very important!! Keep yourÂ face out of the sun as this causes breakouts and enlarged pores. Wear a visor and sun screen daily to help bounce harsh UV rays away from skin. Choose sunscreen thatÂ does not clog skin such asÂ C-30 Moisturizer with 30 SPF SunscreenÂ â€“Â loaded with skin rejuvenating and healing antioxidants thatÂ can prevent further blemishes (microbial Green Tea, Vitamin C and CoQ10).Â A drug storeÂ sun screen suggestionÂ is Neutrogena Chemical-Free Sun Screen for Sensitive Skin 30 SPF â€“ though this one leaves a white film on the skin, you can apply it beforeÂ exercising outdoors. C-30 Moisturizer retails for $46.00 elsewhere, and is only $29.95 at my site. Perfect Â for everyday use and under make-up.
4. Below I’ve listedÂ two evening options:
Evening OptionÂ #1:Â Â Speed-heal blemishes, and help fade acne scars with O24U Hyper-oxygenated Gel. This potent gel helps kills acne bacteria. Simply spot dab it onto blemishes using a Q-tip. This product retails for $49.95 elsewhere. It’s only $32.95 at my shop.
Evening Option #2: Beyond Essential is a peptide an antioxidant-rich moisturizer for mature skin. It also contains copper peptides to help keep blemishes in check.
5. Avoid clogged or enlarged pores by removing make-up before bed and exfoliating skin three times a week with baking soda or use Microdermabrasion Scrub.Â Or exfoliate skin with anÂ AHA (Alpha Hydroxy Acid) cremeÂ to help hydrate, gently exfoliate and help prevent /clear blemish breakouts. AHAâ€™s are derived from fruits, plants or dairy and are cost-effective. Check out AHA Beauty Fluids.
6. Twice a week applyÂ my popularÂ mask:Â Â Mix 1 tbsp. plain white yogurt withÂ 1/2 tsp.Â of FRESH lemon juice. Apply this mask for 30 minutes to one hour. It also evens the skin tone, prevents future breakouts, firms and tightens skin for a face lifting effect.
7. Here’s another home remedy that can help shrink large pimples, without drying out the rest of your face: Dip a Q-tip into some Witch Hazel, and dab onto pimple. Then dip other end of the Q-tip into some Philips Milk of Magnesia. The magnesia helps kill bacteria andÂ reduces the pimple.
8.Stick to a low-glycemic diet to help keep blood sugar levels from spiking, preventing excess oil production. Low-glycemic diets include The Zone, The Mediterarrean Diet, or Adkins. Omega 3 fatty acids found in flax seed oil or fish oil capsules can naturally help balance hormones, reducing breakouts. TakeÂ omega-3′s with meals 3 X a day.Â You can find a high qulaity brand for just $19.95 on the Vitamins/Supplements page at my website. Made with sardines and NO Shellfish.Â Â Check with your physician if you have any diet or health concerns.
9.Clean cell phones regularly with rubbing alcohol or disinfecting wipes.
10.Tie hair back when exercising or playing sports so soiled hands don’t contaminate hair that falls by the face. Be sure to NEVER touch hands to face unless hands are washed.
11.Using pressed powder to soak up oil can often trap debris and clog skin, causing more breakouts. Use a hair curler roller papers to dab oil from face instead of applying more face powder. Find them at a beauty supply shop for about $2.
Get my softcover book (over 280 pages) for FREE at my site.Â See details on the “Book Page” at www.hollywoodbeautysecrets.comÂ
NOTE: Information herein is Copyrighted and is not to be reproduced without the authorâ€™sÂ name noted andÂ web siteÂ www.hollywoodbeautysecrets.comÂ linked.
“Action may not always bring happiness, but there is no happiness without action.”
Hey Gals & Guys: Sorry for not posting on this blog lately, but there were a few technical issues going on. Enjoy my regular beauty and lifestyle tips here as well as at my website on the Beauty News page. And right now, if you sign up for my FREE monthly newsletter at my website, www.HollywoodBeautySecrets.com, you’ll get an instant download of my popular eBook, “Look and Feel Your Best on a Budget” . The other advantage of my newsletter is that you will receive free gifts, free skin care samples, and even deeper special discounts privy only to newsletter subscribers. And… I promise to never share your email. Enjoy my book! Hugs, Louisa
Tune in every Monday to view my free one-minute, ” Do-It-Yourself Beauty Recipe Videos” on my Youtube page. Over 1,300,000 views to date. You’ll find some great solutions that address our head to toe challenges – and some cost just pennies to make! After watching, I would love it if you subscribed to my videos. And once you do so, please email me at Louisa@hollywoodbeautysecrets.com and I’ll send you a complimentary eBook with more “Look & Feel Good” beauty tips that really work! If you have time, when you email me, please also include your three favorite beauty recipes or let me know what you want to address and I’ll do my best to whip up and post those recipes too. Enjoy!
Cher recently revealedÂ that Â LED Light TherapyÂ is one of her beauty secrets, Â as have some other celebrities.Â Over eight years ago I revealed the rejuvenating power of LED Light TherapyÂ in my first doctor-recommended book, “Hollywood Beauty Secrets: REMEDIES to the Rescue”. In fact Oprah’s O Magazine beauty editor called me a few months ago to order one of the units that I’ve personally used for years and alsoÂ offer on my web siteÂ atÂ a deep discount price.
I haveÂ tested and used Â many types and sizesÂ ofÂ LED units,Â from hand helds, to the 2-panel unit. And toÂ this day I continue toÂ personally use affordable, non-invasive LED Light TherapyÂ to keep my skin looking youthfulÂ and Â to help “speed- heal” a bruise, cut, orÂ sore muscles. My husband uses my LED unit to quickly relieve his lower back pain or pulled muscles.
IÂ haveÂ promoted affordable, non-invastive Â LED Light TherapyÂ units to several thousand individualsÂ including: Â actresses, models, doctors, spas, aestheticians, physical therapists, and women and men of all ages,Â because it isÂ scientifially proven toÂ rejuvenateÂ skin andÂ help reduce inflammation and pain.Â Â
Anyone can use LED Light Therapy – any age skin or any skin color.Â Use itÂ nine minutes a day or every other dayÂ in the privacy of your home or office for rejuvenation. For pain management or inflammation use it 17Â - 34 minutes for quick relief.Â Â Over the past eight years dozens of manufacturers approach me to sell LED’s. I’ve tried just about all of them butÂ one unit I think isÂ currently THE best on the market, is the 2-panel, FDA-Approved LED system. This unit retails for $399 to $499, but I’ve helped thousands of individuals pay much less for their unit (ONLY $289) when you download the discount order from at my web site on theÂ LED Light therapyÂ page. You can also order it over the phone at 1-877-568-4727 and just mention my blog and you’ll get the discount price). And I’ve also arranged to get you FREE S & H and pay no sales tax if your unit is shipped within the USA. This unt also ships worldwide, but shipping isn’t free. See the shipping fee for your country on bottom Â the LED Light Therapy Page at my web site www.hollywoodbeautysecrets.comÂ And find out alot more details about this age-defying, easy-to-use light. You’ll be amazed at all of the benefits LED Light Therapy can you and your family.